Travel Pics of Syracuse-Mohawk River-Hudson River-NYC

Audio narrative:  https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApcspsqQAspIiwmmlLPA9qPCHjpQ?e=bYxTCF 

Your intrepid 'Hero Travel Guy', below, doing the preparatory curation for this piece inside Penn Station-NYC's Moynihan Hall Waiting Area

had just completed, unofficially part-4 of what would be a VERY LONG five part round trip from Newport News to Syracuse and back-with a detour to the AMTRAK-Norfolk station in the we-early hours of Monday morning, 0045-hours.It was much, 
much more than the nearly 24 hours Google Map shows. With enroute, unexpected maintenance delays the trip was from Thursday 530am to 1030pm-17 hours, then Sunday from 7am to Monday morning 0130am-18 hours! If not for the generally comfortable seating and the occasional good seat mates, plus my own online interactions, the 35 hours WAS long but-in the moment-sufferable.

Unfortunately, maybe fatefully, the pictorial part of my journey began after I arrived in Syracuse, aka from here-on as 'Sorrycuse'-for the nature of too many of its residents (another ranting blog, for those curious). Though I came close to the campus from my visit to my parents' grave at the campus-adjacent Oakwood Cemetery.
From the folks grave site I headed to one of my classic and favorite haunts of 
my past residences in Sorrycuse, Thornden Park Hill Tower. From there I got this panorama of shots showing the hills surrounding Sorrycuse on 
-South


and the  -West
heading to the rolling plains that led to Lake Ontario in the  North.
The next day at 7am I began the travel back to Norfolk-Newport News via NYC's Penn Station. I made sure to SITuate myself on the side of the train whose window view would give me a view of the Mohawk


and then 
the Hudson Rivers
REACHING NYC and realizing how the train was parked under Madison Square Garden, where likely Grand Central once was where I found myself on 8th Ave between MSG on one side of the street and Penn Station-Moynihan Hall on the other side of 8th Ave and 31st Street.



This brings you back to me




To let you know to be an eager or grudgingly-obliged patron of such blogs by me by droping your pennies, dimes, quarters, or $$$'s at this PayPal proxy link-https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FUW0AoZWYAEwZ4u?format=jpg&name=medium 

Or get possession of it with a $1.25 purchase on eBay-https://www.ebay.com/itm/304667137401.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

As an aggregator of the sensory triggers of a karmic consequence

Unconscious projections of our soul